Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Website updates!

I've been busy, busy, busy these last few days adding lots of new things to my online store! This may seem like a simple task, but those of you who have managed an online store in the past know it is most decidedly NOT!

The thing I struggle with the most is the photography. I have a great little Kodak camera with a zillion megapixels and all sorts of features that I don't know how to use. I also have a "light cube" (basically a fabric box that helps diffuse light), a tripod, and a newly discovered great place in my shop to take pics. I also need natural sunlight to get the best shots, something we have been lacking lately.

Once all the planets align and I have the time AND it's sunny, I take as many pics of the jewelry as I can and then upload them onto my handy dandy computer. Then I have to reboot. I don't know why. I wish I did. But every time I upload pictures onto my store computer, I have to reboot before they will show up!

Then, once they are there, I have to open them in my photo processing program (I use Photo Impact, which I do like very much.) and crop and resize both for the full size photo and the small thumbnail. It's usually at this stage that I realize that there was too much glare, not enough light, some wierd shadow or some other problem with the photos and I have to start over!

And that isn't even the half of actually loading each piece in the store, describing it, etc. Suffice to say it is a days long ordeal to get these items presentable for all you cyberspacers! However, the good news is that after much perseverence (and some slow days due to inclement weather!) I have been able to upload 4 product lines to the store.

You'll now find great jewelry from Austin Alexander, Bora, Vida Dulce Imports and Xovo in the Sparkle online store. More will be coming soon, I promise. I'm just waiting for another sunny day!!

Remember to Sparkle Whenever Possible!

Meg
http://www.sparkle-ga.com/

No comments: